The HEAL AssociationBig Ideas for a Brighter Future
Below you will find the current schedule for Live Sessions, followed by a list of On Demand programming.
Live sessions will occur at various times throughout the scheduled conference days (February 24-26) and will be recorded for future access. These will include Roundtable Discussions, Poster Sessions, Chat Rooms, and Networking Events. Zoom Meetings is the virtual platform that will be used (see below). On Demand presentations will be pre-recorded and remain available to all paid registrants on the conference website, allowing 24/7 access.
Session Descriptions and Speaker Bios are available by clicking on session titles, or by visiting the conference tab above.
Schedule details for the live events will be updated frequently as changes occur.
On Demand – Presentations
Pre-recorded presentations that can be watched any time you want, any where you want. 24/7 access. Click on title below to re-direct to session description.
- Awaken To A Different World: Virtual Volunteering Is Here
- CAMP: A Field Guide for Hospitalized Students’ Best Summer Yet
- Cancer in Children’s Picturebooks: Examining Quality of Text, Accuracy of Representation and Children’s Responses to Specific Texts
- Empowering Activities Following the COVID-19 Lockdown in Italy. An Overview of a School Re-Entry Program and of its Initial Results
- The Future Redefined-Pediatric, Adolescent and Young Adult College and Career Fair: A Collaborative Symposium to Provide Pro-Active Education for Patients and Survivors
- Hemonauts: A Digital Learning Game to Increasing STEM Learning and Disease Literacy in Chronically Ill Children
- Implementation of a Tiered Service Model for School Intervention: Results and Lessons
- Mental, Medical and Multiple Diagnoses: A Look into the Individualized Academic and Transition Plans for Common Comorbid Diagnoses
- Optimizing Educational Advocacy for Hospital-Based School Liaisons: Strategies for Success from Assessment to Intervention, part 1
- School Avoidance and Refusal: Supporting Students Who Struggle
- Virtual Group Programming: One Institution’s Best Practices
- What Makes a Quality Hospital Education Program in the Diverse State of Queensland, Australia?
- What School Personnel Need to Know About a Student’s Cancer Diagnosis: Practical Information and Strategies for Support. Information and Interviews from LLS’s Staying Connected Program
- WIZkids: The Initiation, Growth, and Adaptation of an In-Hospital Elementary School Hour During Normal and Not-So-Normal Times
NOTICE TO PARTICIPANTS
We will be using Zoom Meeting as the virtual platform for the HEAL Virtual Conference. To accommodate multiple roundtable sessions and chat rooms, we will use the breakout room function. To participate with a seamless experience and ability to self select breakout rooms, an updated version of zoom is necessary. Participants not joined with the desktop or mobile app (version 5.3.0 or higher) will not be able to self-select a breakout room. To learn more about how to join breakout rooms or to download the most recent version of zoom, select the button below.